“Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.”
Skills for Employment Scholarship Program (SESP)
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) aims to safeguard and promote the welfare and well-being of OFWs. In lieu of this, OWWA offers scholarships, insurance, and education program for OFWs and their dependents. One of their programs offered is the Skills for Employment Scholarship Program or SESP.
Skills for Employment Scholarship Program or SESP is a scholarship program offered to the dependents of OWWA members. To make this scholarship possible, OWWA collaborated with TESDA in this program. If the OFW-dependent will take a one-year course, the financial assistance is PhP 14,000. If the OFW-dependent will take a six-month course, the financial assistance is PhP 7,250. The financial assistance will be given directly to the training institutions where the OFW-dependent/beneficiary enrolled.
What are the qualifications?
- The OFW-member must be an active OWWA member
- OFW-dependent must pass the TESDA Qualifying Examination or Multiple Aptitude Battery Test (MABT)
- OFW-member must have contributed at least one (1) membership fee
- OFW-dependent must not be older than 21 years old or spouse of a married OFW
- Siblings of unmarried OFW-member not older than 21 years old
- Minimum educational attainment of OFW-dependent must be an elementary graduate
What are the requirements for availing of SESP?
- Accomplished application forms (2 copies)
- 1×1 ID pictures (2 copies)
- Form 137/Report Card or Transcript of Records (TOR) or any official copy of grades
- Proof of OWWA membership (i.e. official receipt of OWWA contribution of OFW E-Card)
- Proof of Relationship with the dependent (i.e. PSA Authenticated Birth Certificate)
- Barangay Clearance
What are the courses offered by TESDA for SESP?
- Agriculture and Fishery
- Processed food and beverages
- Tourism (hotel and restaurant)
- Metals and engineering
- Communications/Electronics/Information Technology
- Health and Social Services
- Decorative Crafts and Mechanics
- Gifts, Toys, and Housewares
- Furniture and Fixtures
- Maritime and Land Transport
- Social and Personal Services
For more information, visit the OWWA website at https://www.owwa.gov.ph/
MUST-READ AND SHARE!
OFW SCHOLARSHIPS – TABLE OF CONTENTS
BPI as new payment gateway for SSS Mobile
You may also follow my Instagram account featuring microliterature #microlit. For more of my artworks, visit DIARYNIGRACIA INSTAGRAM