“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
Project EASE (Educational Assistance through Scholarship in Emergencies)
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) aims to safeguard and promote the welfare and well-being of OFWs. In lieu of this, OWWA offers scholarships, insurance, and education program for OFWs and their dependents. One of their programs offered is Educational Assistance through Scholarship in Emergencies or Project EASE.
Project EASE is a scholarship grant that aims to help eligible college-level dependents of active OWWA member-OFWs whose jobs were affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic. Project EASE grants educational financial assistance of PhP 10,000 per year for four years.
Project EASE is financial assistance for college-level OFW-dependent to help them continue their education despite the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on their livelihood. Usually, dependents of active OWWA member-OFWs are prioritized. The active membership status should start on February 01, 2020, when the COVID-19 Pandemic hits.
Project EASE is a component of the OWWA Collective Assistance and Restorate for Emergency (CARE Program) for OFWs affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. It is an integrated response of OWWA to support the repatriated active OFW-members and their families in this time of pandemic crisis.
This financial grant will only be used for the school only. This is not necessarily for 4-year courses. So long as the applicant is in college and the maximum is only for 4-years. If they are in the 3rd year college, they can only get 1 year grant. If they are in the 1st year college, they can get 4 years grant. If they are in a 5-year course, the maximum grant is good for 4 years only.
What are the qualifications?
- An active OFW-member who can be land-based, sea-based, or from Balik Manggagawa at the time of his/her repatriation from February 01, 2020, or the start of the outbreak of COVID-19 up until the pandemic is managed by the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Child of a married or single OFW
- Sibling of a single OFW
What are the requirements for availing of Project EASE?
- Accomplished Application Form (download here: ease.owwa.gov.ph)
- Valid Passport
- Official Receipt of OWWA membership
- Flight ticket, boarding pass, or arrival sticker attached to the passport as evidence of your return to the country from February 01, 2020
- School Records (Form 137/138, Transcript of Records (TOR) or Certified True Copy of Grades)
- PSA Authenticated Birth Certificate
How to apply for OWWA Project EASE?
- Applicant needs to apply online. Go to https://ease.owwa.gov.ph/
- Fill out the form and submit the requirements
- Applicant will receive a tracking reference number to check the status of their application
- OWWA Regional Welfare Office will notify the status if PENDING, APPROVED, or DECLINED. If the requirements are not complete, OWWA will send a message to complete the requirements
- Once approved, OWWA will send a message on how to claim the money via Money Remittance.
MUST-READ AND SHARE!
OFW SCHOLARSHIPS – TABLE OF CONTENTS
Updates from SSS and PhilHealth that you need to read
If you like this article please share and love my page DIARYNIGRACIA PAGE. Questions, suggestions, send me at email@example.com
You may also follow my Instagram account featuring microliterature #microlit. For more of my artworks, visit DIARYNIGRACIA INSTAGRAM