“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”
Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP)
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) aims to safeguard and promote the welfare and well-being of OFWs. In lieu of this, OWWA offers scholarships, insurance, and education program for OFWs and their dependents. One of their programs offered is Education for Development Scholarship Program or EDSP.
Education for Development Scholarship Program or EDSP is a scholarship grant offered to qualified dependents of active OWWA members who intend to pursue a 4-5 year baccalaureate course in any preferred colleges/universities. It is a scholarship offered to eligible beneficiaries/dependents of active OWWA members who are among the top examinees on the OWWA pre-qualifying test administered by the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) – Science Education Institute. EDSP grants financial assistance of PhP 60,000.00 per school year.
Who are eligible to apply?
- ONLY one dependent per family of an OFW (active member of OWWA)
- The dependent-applicant does not have any other scholarship grants
- The applicant has not taken any post-secondary or vocation; undergraduate or college units; and EDSP qualifying exam before.
What are the qualifications for incoming freshmen?
- The member-OFW must be an active member of OWWA at the time of the application
- Must be a child of a married OWWA member or brother/sister of an unmarried OWWA member
- The dependent-applicant must be single and not be more than 21 years old
- Must be a Grade 12 graduating student
- Must have an average grade of at least 80% and belongs to the upper 20% of the graduating class (no failing grade)
- Must pass the qualifying examination conducted by DOST and belongs to the top 400 examination passer
What are the qualifications for those who are already enrolled in 2nd to 5th-year college?
- Not more than 30 years old
- With a GWA not lower than B letter grade or 85% equivalent in all academic and non-academic subjects during the last school year attended in full load
What are the requirements for availing EDSP?
- Accomplished EDSP Application Form (2 copies)
- 2×2 ID Photos (2 copies)
- PSA-authenticated Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Good Moral Character (Form C)
- Form 137 for incoming first-year college or Transcript of Records (TOR) or Certificate of Grades for those already enrolled in college
- Certification from the principal that the applicant obtained a General Weighted Average (GWA) of 85% and that he/she belongs to the top 20% of the graduating class (2 copies)
- Proof of OWWA membership (i.e. Official Receipt of OWWA Contribution)
- Health Certificate attesting to the physical fitness of applicant (Form B)
- Statement of the applicant that he/she has not earned units in any post-secondary/undergraduate course (Form E)
- Sworn Statement than he/she has no pending application for resident immigrant status in any country and does not have dual citizenship signed by the parent or legal guardians (Form F)
- Original copy of Scholarship Contract
To avail of the OWWA’s Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP), please bring the requirements mentioned above to the nearest OWWA office. For more information, visit the OWWA website at https://www.owwa.gov.ph/
MUST-READ AND SHARE!
OFW SCHOLARSHIPS – TABLE OF CONTENTS
SSS Payment Reference Number
You may also follow my Instagram account featuring microliterature #microlit. For more of my artworks, visit DIARYNIGRACIA INSTAGRAM