“Develop a passion for learning, if you do, you will never cease to grow.”
-Anthon J. D’Angelo-
Congressional Migrant Workers Scholarship Program (CMWSP)
Congressional Migrant Workers Scholarship Program or CMWSP is another scholarship grant given to migrant workers and/or their immediate relatives who will pursue four- or five-year baccalaureate courses in the fields of Science and Technology. To qualify for the CMWSP, the applicant must pass the examination conducted by the Department of Science and Technology or DOST. The CMWSP grants maximum financial assistance of PhP 60,000 per school year that is funded by the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office or PCSO.
CMWSP was established as pursuant to Section 37, Article IX, or Republic Act 8042, also known as the Migrant Workers and Overseas Filipinos Act of 1995. The filing of the CMWSP Application starts every June of each school year. The deadline for submission of application is every first week of August of each year or as prescribed by ROCS based on the scheduled qualifying exam conducted by DOST.
CMWSP Applications with the incomplete documentary requirement will not be accepted. Applications are subject to review and further verification as to the documentary requirements submitted. Application approval only identifies applicants who are qualified to take the National Competitive Exam conducted by DOST.
Since its establishment in 1999, the CMWSP has graduated 213 students, the majority of whom have completed computer-related courses, such as Information Technology, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Biochemistry/Chemical Engineering, and other highly specialized courses at top universities and colleges across the country.
What are the qualifications?
- The OFW-member must have an active membership with OWWA at the time of the availment.
- The applicant has not been a recipient of a different scholarship program
- The applicant has not taken any previous vocation/post-secondary, college/undergraduate units; and CMWSP qualifying exam
- For applicants who are first-year enrollees in college:
- A child/sibling of an OFW (regardless if the OWWA member is single or married)
- Must be single and should not be more than 21 years old
- Must be a Grade 12 graduating student
- Must have a GWA of 80% or its equivalent with no failing grades
- Must pass the College Admission Test of the college/university he/she intends to enroll
- Should be included in the Top 100 passers of the DOST pre-qualifying exam
5. For applicants from 2nd to 5th-year college:
- Must be single and should not be more than 30 years old
- Must have a GWA of 85% or its equivalent
What are the requirements for availing of CMWSP?
- Accomplished scholarship application forms (2 copies)
- 2×2 ID pictures (2 copies)
- Certification of GWA of 80%
- Form 137/Report Card or Transcript of Records (TOR) or any official copy of grades
- Proof from OWWA office that you qualified on DOST exam for CMWSP
- PSA Authenticated Birth Certificate
- Original Copy of Scholarship Contract
MUST-READ AND SHARE!
OFW SCHOLARSHIPS – TABLE OF CONTENTS
Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP)
Updates from SSS and PhilHealth that you must know
You may also follow my Instagram account featuring microliterature #microlit. For more of my artworks, visit DIARYNIGRACIA INSTAGRAM