An OFW life is challenging because you need to uproot yourself from your home, your friends, your country – in search for a better life altogether. Culture shock awaits you and homesickness plague you during the many family occasions you missed being with your family and loved ones.
The work you have in the host country makes you realize that you have to attend to your responsibility no matter how sick you are or how down you feel. But OFW life is not all sacrifices. Allow yourself to meet other people and make new friends. Fellow Filipinos, OFWs whom you can trust and those who treat you like family.
The Coalition of Filipino Community (FILCOM) Organization in Kuwait is composed of many different organizations / groups where an OFW can find his / her calling and interest. Following is the list of Board of Directors for FILCOM 2016 – 2017.
1. Mr. Oliver Diong – Club Ilonggo
2. Mr. Hengie Taton – PANIK / PNA (Pinoy Ambulance Nurses in Kuwait / Pinoy Nurses in Kuwait)
3. Mr. Chris Hernandez – TROPA (True & Reformed Overseas Pilipino Association)
4.Ms. Germalyn Simple – OFW Movement for Peace and Justice and Progress (FPJPI) Kuwait Chapter
5. Mr. Napoleon Pintado – Globa Ilocano
6. Ms. Mariam Alzankawi – IWOK (Ilokana Women’s Organization in Kuwait)
7. Mr. Rod Agcaoili – AKRHO (Alpha Kappa Rho)
8. Mr. Honesto Doctolero – TSOK (Teachers-Speacialists Organization in Kuwait
9. Mr. Ronaldo Telen – FBK (Filipino Bloggers in Kuwait)
10. Ms. Kathlyn Gonzales – IPRSG / Initiative & Progress Self-Reliance Group
11. Mr. Mario Adonis – Philippine Cats Claw Martial Arts Association – Kuwait
12. Mr. Arthur Tabunda – Brigada OFW
13. Mr. Froilan Cataquis – RUGBII (Reformed and United Guardians Brotherhood International Inc. (R.U.G.B.I.I.) – Kuwait Legion
14. Mr. Noel Silva – FAMA (Filipino Association for Music and Arts)
15. Ms. Mae Ortiz – BKC (BisDak Kuwait Chapter)
Congratulations to all Board of Directors and Diary ni Gracia wishes all of you that you may continue to serve others for years and years to come.