Url Address: http://metalpigs.com
You can also add me on G+: metalpig888(dot)gmail.com
Philosophy in life:
There’s nothing permanent in this world except change.
Tell us something random about yourself.
Simple. Fun-loving guy. Love food, traveling and paintball. ^_^
ABOUT YOUR BLOG
1. How, When and Why did you get into blogging industry?
At first I didn’t know anything about blogging, though I had an account on both Multiply and Friendster. I only used those social media sites just for posting pictures and connecting friends. Just got into blogging a couple years back, that’s when I started to learn on how to use those free blog hosting sites such as blogspot and wordpress(dot)com.
2. How you came up with the name for it?
Metalpig? Those are 2 connected words that came into my mind – just a pigment of my imagination. Moreover, I’m amazed when I had read the Chinese horoscope indicating that I was born in the year of the pig, which also coincidentally falls into the metal category.
3. How long have you been here and what made you want to start?
Been in blogosphere for 2 years (went on and off). And started semi-serious blogging when an awesome guy named Jehz of Jehzlau-Concepts(dot)com gave me a free domain and hosting for 2 years, as a prize for winning a contest on his site.
4. Do you blog for a job full time? What else do you do aside from blogging?
I just blog when I had free time and when I found some cool stuff that I wanted to share. And aside from blogging, I also stalk on people at facebook (just kiddin’). Seriously, I do graphic and logo design.
5. Did you choose to start blogging directly about your chosen niche or because you just saw a good way to make money from blogging?
Not really. At first, I just blog randomly for fun and to kill the number one enemy of every overseas workers – the homesickness. And I didn’t even know that it’s possible to make money online thru blogging.
6. How much time do you spend on work related to your blog(s) each week?
It depends. Sometimes I spent 8 hours or more per week, but mostly on browsing websites.
7. What do you find to be your biggest struggle as a blogger?
As a newbie blogger, it’s really difficult to generate traffic into my blog, not to mention, that writing stuff is not my forte.
8. How does blogging help you, in terms of life and career? How did you get to where you are now with your blog(s)? To what do you attribute your success? And what is the next goal you hope to achieve?
Thru blogging I had gain lots of friends online and offline. I am also starting to learn about search engine optimization, thanks to them. My next goal is to drive traffic to my site and hopefully, I can create more blogs in the coming years.
9. Where do you see your blog(s) and yourself in 5 years?
I just hope that 5 years from now, my blog(s) will be earning passive income enough for me to stop working overseas, and instead allows me to stay in PH with my family.
10. One of the hardest things for beginner bloggers is getting traffic. What tips can you give bloggers to drive traffic to a new blog?
First: Try to learn SEO and create lots of back links. Second: Write articles more often, and post thorough comments on articles that you had interest, specifically on blogs that are related on your niche. Third: Learn how to target keywords for posting. Fourth: Be active on major social media sites, and last but not the least, be friendly to fellow bloggers.
11. What advice would you give to new bloggers wanting to start blogging and help them start out on a path to success?
Though I don’t consider myself a successful blogger, but I can give a few tips; Find a niche or a certain topic that you love most, maybe a hobby of yours and share information about it. Do a research about that niche, try to learn if there are people who have the same interest like you. Read, learn and experiment everything about search engine optimizations.
12. Describe your blog in 10 words.
Just a blog that shares everything about art and design.