“Learning is a life-long process.”
The Overseas Worker Welfare Administration (OWWA) is the primary government agency responsible for promoting the welfare and well-being of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and their families. OWWA is a membership organization that caters to the interests of OFWs and their families. It offers benefits and facilities that go beyond the terms of an employment contract, an employer’s offer, or the laws of the receiving country.
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) aims to safeguard and promote the welfare and well-being of OFWs. In lieu of this, OWWA offers scholarships, insurance, and education program for OFWs and their dependents. One of their programs offered is Tuloy Aral Project (TAP) and Tuloy Kolehiyo Project
Tuloy Aral Project
Tuloy Aral Project, which started on December 16, 2004, aims to help less fortunate children of ex-OFWs continue their elementary or secondary school education. The project, spearheaded by OWWA, enlists the assistance of the Departments of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) in identifying deserving children of former OFWs.
What are the qualifications?
- Must be a child of a married OWWA member or sibling of an unmarried OWWA member
- Must be 21 years old or below
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Must be in good health and with good moral character
- Must have an average grade of at least 80% and belong to the upper 20% of the graduating class
What are the requirements for availing of Tuloy Aral Project?
- Accomplished scholarship application forms (2 copies)
- 1×1 ID pictures (2 copies)
- Certification of GWA of 80%
- Form 137/Report Card or Transcript of Records (TOR) or any official copy of grades
- PSA Authenticated Birth Certificate or any proof of relationship to the OWWA member
- Proof of OWWA Membership (i.e. Official Receipt of OWWA Contribution or Certification from OWWA Membership Processing Center)
- Health Certificate attesting to the physical fitness of the application (Form B)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character issued by the School Principal/Guidance Counselor (Form C)
- Certification that the applicant belongs to the upper 20% of graduating class issued by the school principal (2 copies)
- Statement of the applicant that he/she has not earned units in any post-secondary/undergraduate course (Form E)
- Sworn statement that he/she has no pending application for resident immigrant status in any country and does not have dual citizenship signed by the parent or legal guardians (Form F)
Tuloy Kolehiyo Project
This initiative, which is an extension of the Tuloy Aral Project, aims to assist students in completing their tertiary education. Financial assistance can take the form of a semester stipend or payment of tuition and other fees, with a maximum of PhP 15,000 per academic year. Qualifications and requirements are the same as stated in Tuloy Aral Project
For more information, you may visit https://www.owwa.gov.ph
MUST-READ AND SHARE!
You may also follow my Instagram account featuring microliterature #microlit. For more of my artworks, visit DIARYNIGRACIA INSTAGRAM