Name: Everlito L. Villacruz
Url Address: www.pamatayhomesick.blogspot.com
Philosophy in life: You will win because you are unique!
ABOUT YOUR BLOG
1. How, When and Why did you get into blogging industry?
Aside from painting, arts, sculpture and photography- blogging is one way for me to kill homesickness.
pamatayhomesick started when I decided to make my stories about real life, studied the new culture, met some interesting people, and had various reactions just to “kill” homesickness.
2. How you came up with the name for it?
Mark Ubalde, an editorial writer from GMA7 buhay abroad invited me and my group ADHIKA for an interview to showcase the artistry of the group.
He mentioned “so your arts came up just to kill homesickness”. Then I realized that I can use it as a title for my own blog since I was thinking of a Taglish medium; thus, www.pamatayhomesick.blogspot.com was born.
I just want to make my blog as happy as it can get, writing about a proud Filipino, setting aside the difficult daily life faced by an OFW. I want my family to always think positive so they will not feel my homesickness. For me laging kaya ko to kasi kumakain ako ng kanin.
3. How long have you been here and what made you want to start?
Around 5 years. Back in college, I remember that my writing wasn’t good (walang kwenta akong magsulat). But I felt that I can write, so I submitted one novel to a komiks publisher (since I was also a part time artist there). The publisher was quite frank and told me “pwede magdrawing kana lang wag kana magsulat” (please draw and don’t try to write). I thought back then, some other time, I will be able to write my own book to be published as a writer and not as a painter.
4. Do you blog for a job full time? No.
What else do you do aside from blogging? painting, sculpture and photography.
5. Did you choose to start blogging directly about your chosen niche or because you just saw a good way to make money from blogging?
This is only for my way again to “kill” homesickness.
6. How much time do you spend on work related to your blog(s) each week?
It depends on my mood. I just write what comes across my mind.
7. What do you find to be your biggest struggle as a blogger?
A comment from an anonymous reader was a little rude but I am still thankful because I learned a lot from it.Click here to see more
8. How did you get to where you are now with your blog(s)? To what do you attribute your success? And what is the next goal you hope to achieve?
2008 PEBA Awards
2008 Finalist, Philippine Blog Awards (Culture and Arts) and Best Personal Blog
2009 Finalist, Philippine Blog Awards (Filipiniana)
2010 -wag kayo maingay may naglalaba.( wala ako sa wisyo)
ABS-CBN Global Truely Pinoy (2009)
GMA7 Kapuso Pinoy Abroad (2008)
Sigma studio (2011)
POC (Philippine Online Chronicles) up to present.
Again like I said my blog pamatayhomesick is my way to kill my homesickness…the rest is history.
9. Where do you see your blog(s) and yourself in 5 years?-
The same pamatayhomesick but upgraded to 32 GB.
10. One of the hardest things for beginner bloggers is getting traffic. What tips can you give bloggers to drive traffic to a new blog?-
Find some wow factor and a descent link on your blog.
11. What advice would you give to new bloggers wanting to start blogging and help them start out on a path to success? –
Just be yourself (like Diary ni Gracia).
12. Describe your blog in 10 words–
ma- ti-nong- ba- liw- na-e-wan- ko-ba.