Name: Lady Stapler
Url Address: http://ladystapler.
ABOUT YOUR BLOG
1. How, when and why did you get into the blogging industry?
Started way back 2003 methinks, I used my blog to vent out about my frustrations about school and life in general. I started in Hi5, then moved to friendster and finally to blogger.
2. How you came up with the name for it?
All the good names were taken, I wanted to shift away from my old blog and create a new persona as I began to close an awful chapter of my life and dive into a new beginning. The closest thing on my desk was a stapler, plus I am a hoarder of office supplies, hence my new blog was born.
3. How long have you been here and what made you want to start?
2011-2003 = I have been blogging for around 8 years, I have rebooted my new persona as Lady Stapler just this year. I also wanted to make a mark on this earth so even if I am gone, somehow somebody will realize that I existed albeit virtually.
4. Do you blog for a job full time? What else do you do aside from blogging?
No, I dont, in fact, as much as possible I try to maintain it ad-free. For now, pending my application as an OFW nurse, I am selling my old books and stuff online and I am a slave to my pet cat.
5. Did you choose to start blogging directly about your chosen niche or because you just saw a good way to make money from blogging?
I can’t earn from blogging as I cannot decide which niche to cater to hahaha. I blog about everything – from my day-to-day activities, to stuff I have read or heard about, stuff I have received, occurrences that stress me, personal issues, current events plus the adventures of my master – my pet cat and mundane stuff in between.
6. How much time do you spend on work related to your blog each week?
I hoard the PC at home. I write and post entries as they come, when the muse of writing visits me. For now inspiration for each post come from personal snapshots from my camera. I probably spend around 3 hours per day on my blog, reading from my blog roll takes most of the time. So 3 x 7 = 21 hours per week.
7. What do you find to be your biggest struggle as a blogger?
Finding inspiration to blog. Sometimes there is stuff that is just too personal and painful, it is a struggle to put it down into writing. Some other days, there is just nothing spectacular to write about hahaha.
8. How does blogging help you, in terms of life and career? How did you get to where you are now with your blogs? To what do you attribute your success? What is the next goal you hope to achieve?
My blog is my outlet and my journal. When I read back on past posts, some entries make me reminisce and laugh.
I do not think I am successful in blogging just yet. I do not have thousands of followers, comments trickle like rain in a desert.
My next goal is to probably post more frequently.
9. Where do you see your blog and yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully, I am earning by then, working abroad. Still blogging, adding more interesting links to my growing blog roll with more readers.
10. One of the hardest things for beginner bloggers is getting traffic. What tips can you give bloggers to drive traffic to a new blog?
Blog about what you know best. Frankly, since I am not really into blogging for the money (I consider it as therapy), I don’t have any concrete tips. But if you blog about what you love and what you know, people will find you (search engine optimization tag keywords I guess helps). Quality over quantity works for me. You are spreading yourself too thin in managing multiple blogs trying to cover all niches, concentrate on one and cultivate it.
11. What advice would you give to new bloggers waiting to start blogging and help them start out on a path to success?
As I have aforementioned, blogging about what you know best is the foremost advice I can give.
12. Describe your blog in 10 words.
Bringing order to my chaotic life as I near 30.