Name: Aj Banda
Url Address: Beneath the Tree – http://www.ajibanda.com/
Philosophy in life:
Sometimes, we see things not of what they really are but of what we choose to see.
Tell us something random about yourself.
I’m a kid trap inside a 23-year old guy. I’m a home buddy and would rather want to stay inside the house playing video games rather than going out for sports or hanging-out.
ABOUT YOUR BLOG
1. How, When and Why did you get into blogging industry?
I started on blogging using Friendster when I was in college (year 2005), but I just posted two poems there. Then I went with freewebs, multiply, wordpress and later on blogger (though I have a tumblr account too, and it’s active). My current blog is now 3 years old and started as my reference for my source codes and algorithms I used at work. It was January 2011 when I changed the way I write and made it more about my life as a programmer rather than talking about my programs only.
2. How you came up with the name for it?
I love to draw and my favorite trademark was known as “Beneath the Tree”. I started liking the drawing when I was in college and it was actually a sketch of a guy sitting beneath a tree. I used that drawing to represent myself that up to now no one has ever guessed the exact meaning of this. Can you try to interpret it?
3. How long have you been here and what made you want to start?
For blogging, it was 2005. But for blogger (blogspot, of which I’m currently residing), it was June 2007 and I got serious on it year 2008. You can refer to question 1 on how I started.
4. Do you blog for a job full time? What else do you do aside from blogging?
No, but I wish I can 🙂 I’m currently working as a programmer for a company here in Quezon City, PH. At home, I just sleep and play video games.
5. Did you choose to start blogging directly about your chosen niche or because you just saw a good way to make money from blogging?
Honestly, I don’t see it as a form of money-making, it’s the idea of sharing that made me do blogging. Actually I started my blog with a some rants blogging (even before the techie niche in question 1), but after one post, I just thought that blogging isn’t the place for it. Blogs should be a room for learning and inspiration.. and so I changed it.
6. How much time do you spend on work related to your blog(s) each week?
I don’t know.. I never computed it.. LOL. I usually do it while I’m coding my programs and doing some research for ideas. I always believe that when an idea pops into your mind, you should post is as soon as the flow of idea drips. So that means I do it as often as my mind works.
7. What do you find to be your biggest struggle as a blogger?
Attracting visitors especially with a niche like mine.
8. How does blogging help you, in terms of life and career? How did you get to where you are now with your blog(s)? To what do you attribute your success? and what is the next goal you hope to achieve?
I gain friends with my blog. From different parts of the world, I gain lots of ideas and knowledge that I think would be very useful.
I can’t remember exactly how I was able to dig in the blogosphere as to where I am right now, but I’m pretty sure it was three months ago when I met a visitor that changed everything. Now, I’m a successful blog walker! hahahaha
My family and friends are the reason why enjoy blogging, I really like it when they are the ones who are commenting on my post. Sometimes my blogs also tend to become a reunion place for us.
My next goal? World Domination! LOL.. honestly, I just want my blog to have more visitors.. ’cause more visitors means more friends to talk to. 🙂
9. Where do you see your blog(s) and yourself in 5 years?
I just hope that my blog would be a site where programmers’ and the like would be coming again and again to learn (and probably share) knowledge that can help everyone.
10. One of the hardest things for beginner bloggers is getting traffic. What tips can you give bloggers to drive traffic to a new blog?
Make use of social networking sites. Making friends with other bloggers adds up the number of connection and can boost your traffic really great! 🙂
11. What advice would you give to new bloggers wanting to start blogging and help them start out on a path to success?
As I always say to my friends, make sure you know your target (would it be for money making, sharing, or just for personal rants). That way, you would know how you will stretch your bow and where you would aim your arrow.
12. Describe your blog in 10 words
Story of a programmer in and out of his code.