Name: Cielo Pagkaliwagan
Url Address: http://www.brownpinay.com
Philosophy in life:
What we think, we become. – Buddha
Tell us something random about yourself
Wifey of an OFW, with 2 wonderful kids, Working Mom and a blogger in between.
ABOUT YOUR BLOG
1. How, When and Why did you get into blogging industry?
I started year 2005, but I officially started my Brown Pinay blog on May 2006. I was looking for ways to communicate with my OFW hubby who happens to be working in Saudi. Having a time difference of 5 hrs, it is really hard to catch up with one another. I find blogging very helpful in chronicling my kids’ development and activities so that my husband will still see them grow despite of the distance…
2. How you came up with the name for it?
I came by the name of “Brown Pinay”, I am kayumangging kaligatan and I am proud to be a Pinay.
3. How long have you been here and what made you want to start?
Been in the blogosphere for 6 yrs and counting….like what I have said, it is more of personal reasons (see #1)
4. Do you blog for a job full time? What else do you do aside from blogging?
The hours spent blogging is almost full time, but I have my regular day job…engineer by day, …forever loving Mom and dedicated wife to an OFW husband…. blogger by night and in between breaks.
5. Did you choose to start blogging directly about your chosen niche or because you just saw a good way to make money from blogging?
I started blogging without any inkling that I can earn from it. It is a sweet perk eventually when I can earn thru blogging. Until now I am still blogging about personal thoughts and experiences.
6. How much time do you spend on work related to your blog(s) each week?
Depends on my mood, but my major blog (Brown Pinay) is updated at least 2 to 3 times, while my 5 other blogs are still waiting to be updated….
7. What do you find to be your biggest struggle as a blogger?
Losing the passion to write at times and whenever I feel it, I don’t pressure myself, I rest if I must. I just checked my blog posts just now and it has been several times that I had announced that “The Blogger is On Leave”, but look I am still here and just to counter the hiatus post I also had several “The Blogger is Back” entries.
8. How does blogging help you, in terms of life and career?
Blogging keeps me sane, it helps me vent out and ditch my negative feelings, likewise it is also a haven of my thoughts and happiness. It balances my life. Blogging is my ME Time. I am also earning online now and it really helps me pay my bills.
9. Where do you see your blog(s) and yourself in 5 years?
5 yrs and even 10 yrs from now, I am still the Brown Pinay of the blogosphere….I think only, Alzheimer will stop me from blogging.
10. One of the hardest things for beginner bloggers is getting traffic.What tips can you give bloggers to drive traffic to a new blog?
Blog hop does the works, read their post and leave sensible comments. This way you are not only earning traffic but friends as well. Joining blogger groups also does the trick, since members can help you around and you can get advices from other bloggers on how to generate traffic using their strategy.
11. What advice would you give to new bloggers wanting to start blogging and help them start out on a path to success?
Blog with passion…do not be afraid of the technicalities of blogging because at the end of the day it will always be your content….and on the lighter note – back up your blog contents and files and make sure that you are hack free – one hack attack and you are dead!!!
12. Describe your blog in 10 words
A haven wherein I can pour my heart out.