Name: Georg Kevin A. Paquet
Url Address: http://studentblogger.net / http://pinoyteens.net / http://davaopost.com
Philosophy in life: The more I give, the more I am successful.
Tell us something random about yourself:
I love blogging.
ABOUT YOUR BLOG
1. How, When and Why did you get into blogging industry?
Because of boredom. My poor Pentium 4 tower didn’t manage to play the games that I wanted it to play, that’s when I decided to just surf around the net. First, I got acquainted with forums. I managed forums that run vBulletin, phpBB and SMF back then. My forum eventually got hacked so I decided to retire as forum administrator and moved on to blogging.
2. How you came up with the name for it?
The name of my forum was Pinoy Teens Online Community. So, the blog name didn’t end up very far then, my first blog being PinoyTeens.Net
3. How long have you been here and what made you want to start?
“Pro” blogging since March 11, 2007. What made me start? It was fun back then. Exciting. Not so much now, but I’m still open to find that spark of inspiration once again!
4. Do you blog for a job full time? What else do you do aside from blogging?
I’m a student, hence, my personal blog being Studentblogger.Net
5. Did you choose to start blogging directly about your chosen niche or because you just saw a good way to make money from blogging?
I DID NOT SEE BLOGGING as a good way to make money. That’s absolutely the wrong way to start a blog from. You need to care about the content, your readers, the community around your blog before you head for the harvest of your labour. That’s what I did before, and it earned me pretty lots of money in 2008. Not so much now, since I’m also a bit off the mark from the ethics that I used to live by. Nowadays, I just blog for the fun of it. Not much quality, not much care for the community.
6. How much time do you spend on work related to your blog(s) each week?
I go serious about my blogs for maybe less than 3 hours every day. Sometimes even none. I haven’t taken blogging serious for some time now.
7. What do you find to be your biggest struggle as a blogger?
Backlinks. People won’t link with you if you’ve got no PR, and you won’t get any PR if you have no backlinks. Bit like a dead end there, unless you have decent content and techniques to get those relevant links to pull your PR up.
8. How does blogging help you, in terms of life and career? How did you get to where you are now with your blog(s)? To what do you attribute your success? and what is the next goal you hope to achieve?
I just blogged because I loved it. It made me go to Kuala Lumpur with all expenses paid once. I was 18 that year.. 2009. They invited me to the Youth Engagement Summit in Malaysia. I hope to do similar to that very soon. Or at least, get a more respected name online again. The people that seem to knew about Pinoy Teens have slowly vanished one by one.
9. Where do you see your blog(s) and yourself in 5 years?
DavaoPost being one of the leading blogs about Davao. Student Blogger being visited by Personal Bloggers. Pinoy Teens becoming one of those high traffic blogs again.
10. One of the hardest things for beginner bloggers is getting traffic. What tips can you give bloggers to drive traffic to a new blog?
Be passionate about your content. Don’t just share everything everywhere.. it can get annoying. Make sure to pride yourself on your quality content (which you can share with everyone, yes) but don’t overdo that. Don’t think about the money nor about stats for the first week. Just write. In the second, think about commenting on other blogs. In a months time when you have worked hard for the content and made new acquaintances, then, you may start on monetizing. Who are you to monetizing something that is of no value to the visitors yet?
11. What advice would you give to new bloggers wanting to start blogging and help them start out on a path to success?
Be who you are. Blog frequently and don’t forget to blog hop!
12. Describe your blog in 10 words
Pinoy Teens is a blog that’ll comeback with a bang.