Name: Jonver David Url Address: jonverdavid (.) wordpress (.) com
Philosophy in life:
Contentment is the philosophy behind happiness.Tell us something random about yourself.
I’m Jonver, and I’m weird. That is, according to some people. Although I really know and accept that I am weird. Anyhow. I’m a nurse-blogger. While waiting for my license I decided to do blogging. I have a day job and I do social media management for a company. When I am not in the office, or at events, I usually go to art galleries seeking to promote the local art scene in Manila. I believe that our artists deserve some more exposure and support, so in my little way, I help them into spreading their love for art. If I am not doing all of the above, I’m most probably reading books, magazines,blogs, and your minds.
ABOUT YOUR BLOG
1. How, When and Why did you get into blogging industry?
I started blogging way back when I was starting out in college. But I only wrote there when I am not feeling well. Years passed and that site grew into a blackhole and I felt the need to start spreading the love of life (’cause life isn’t all that bad)
2. How you came up with the name for it?
I always get the question – “Where are you?” Hence I named my blog, “Where is Jonver??”
3. How long have you been here and what made you want to start?
My current blog just turned one last month and the love of life and the need of an outlet for all the stress of being a student made me start this. Also, this sustains my creative flow.
4. Do you blog for a job full time? What else do you do aside from blogging?
I am doing social media management for a company side-by-side blogging. I would like a life of full-time blogging but am not really keen about that for now.
5. Did you choose to start blogging directly about your chosen niche or because you just saw a good way to make money from blogging?
I just want a simple blog – an avenue for me to write, put my photos on, and inspire, inform, and initiate change for people.
6. How much time do you spend on work related to your blog(s) each week?
I blog when I have time for it. But it is important for me too that I have some offline life still.
7. What do you find to be your biggest struggle as a blogger?
Writing. I really want to write well, and I still can’t please myself with the way I write.
8. How did you get to where you are now with your blog(s)?
To what do you attribute your success? and what is the next goal you hope to achieve? I’m a go-getter. I grab opportunities while it’s hot. I don’t mind sacrificing some things because it is all worth it. My next goal for my blog is to have wider reach, more loyal readers, and more quality posts – meaning more people trusting me to blog about them or what they do.
9. Where do you see your blog(s) and yourself in 5 years? I see it to be one of the most fun, reliable, and diverse guide to Manila’s hottest.
10. One of the hardest things for beginner bloggers is getting traffic. What tips can you give bloggers to drive traffic to a new blog? Blog more often. When people actually see you’re consistent they begin to go back to your website. Try to widen your interests and don’t be afraid to explore. It is where you learn.
11. What advice would you give to new bloggers wanting to start blogging and help them start out on a path to success? The second hardest thing to do is to start, and the hardest is to sustain. Have the heart for it. Treat it as any important thing in your life. Give time for it. Hone your craft. Go out and explore. Learn incessantly.
12. Describe your blog in 10 words.
In the name of love for urban life & sensible style.