Name: Fitz Villafuerte
Url Address: fitzvillafuerte.com
FB : facebook.com/fitzvillafuerte
Fan Page: facebook.com/readytoberich
Philosophy in life:
Do not let your memories outweigh your dreams.
Tell us something random about yourself.
I love playing Sudoku.
ABOUT YOUR BLOG
1. How, When and Why did you get into blogging industry?
I’ve been blogging since 2003, I was in Live Journal, back then, I was just writing about my personal life. Then in 2007, I discovered that one can make money from blogging and that’s when I started my flagship blog, Ready To Be Rich.
2. How you came up with the name for it?
After reading that so many niche bloggers in the US were making so much money online, I thought to myself… “Okay, I’m gonna start a niche blog myself because I’m ready to be rich.” And that’s how the blog got its name.
3. Do you blog for a job full time? What else do you do aside from blogging?
Yes, I am a full time blogger, but I’m also an entrepreneur offline. I am fortunate to have been able to build businesses that can run on its own. At times, I also do business consultancy work for companies, which is a part-time job for me.
4. Did you choose to start blogging directly about your chosen niche or because you just saw a good way to make money from blogging?
Yes, my blog was already about business, investments and personal finance from the very start – but not really because it was a good niche to make money from, but actually because it’s the niche that I am most passionate about. Ever since I became an entrepreneur, I’ve discovered how much the subject of finance fascinates me.
5. How much time do you spend on work related to your blog(s) each week?
I spend about four hours everyday blogging. I’m not writing all the time, I mostly read other blogs and do research. Sometimes, I get invited to blogger events so some days are usually spent attending those.
6. What do you find to be your biggest struggle as a blogger?
That would have to be learning the technical side of the web. I don’t have an I.T. background, so I had to teach myself everything about domains, hosting, scripts, themes and other web-related subjects. Good thing there are always other bloggers who are willing to help me when it comes to these.
7. How does blogging help you, in terms of life and career?
More than becoming a source of good income, blogging has also helped me expand my social network and build my personal brand, which in turn, have opened opportunities for me outside of blogging.
8. How did you get to where you are now with your blog(s)? To what do you attribute your success? and what is the next goal you hope to achieve?
I got to where I am now through patience, focus and relentless marketing; but I attribute its success to my passion and dedication to the niche. If I had chosen another niche which I had little interest on, I don’t think that blog would last this long.
There are many plans for the blog which I hope to achieve in the next few years. Aside from publishing it into a book, I’m hoping to add a special section to it that will offer free, structured, e-learning courses about business, investments and personal finance that anyone
can study to increase their financial literacy.
9. Where do you see your blog(s) and yourself in 5 years?
In five years, hopefully, the blog has grown into a non-profit organization that helps Filipinos increase their financial literacy. And me, running that organization of course. 😀
10. One of the hardest things for beginner bloggers is getting traffic. What tips can you give bloggers to drive traffic to a new blog?
Quality content is what drives and keeps traffic to your blog. Whatever topic you’re writing about, be sure that it informs, educates and/or entertains the reader.
For easy and immediate blog traffic, I find promoting your blog through social networks and online forums very effective. But again, without quality content, those people will just be on your blog one time and never come back. Focus on your content and give first time readers a reason to bookmark or subscribe to your blog.
11. What advice would you give to new bloggers wanting to start blogging and help them start out on a path to success?
Pursue excellence and success will follow.
12. Describe your blog in 10 words.
Chronicles of an entrepreneur and his quest for financial freedom.